Commit 159ea308 authored by Kevin Abel's avatar Kevin Abel
Browse files

Add many missing descriptions for buildings.

parent 77e36aae
<p>The 14th &amp; Avery Parking Garage primarily provides student and staff parking for the northern section of city campus. It does include metered parking spaces located insdie the southeast entrance.</p>
<p>This parking facility provides parking for students, faculy, and staff in the eastern section of city campus. The northwest corner includes offices that house the UNL Police.</p>
<p>Built in 2014, the parking garage at 18th and R streets is designed to expand the growing resident parking for the eastern section of city campus.
It includes office and private housing space.</p>
<p>Located at 2100 Vine Street, the facility houses the Distance Education administrative services for UNL and includes: Graduate & Undergraduate Programs, a Student Testing Center, Instructional Design & Development, and other administrative functions that support distance education initiatives.</p>
<p>The facility is also home to Non-academic Programs and the UNL Independent Study High School (ISHS), a Nebraska public high school serving students worldwide and online.</p>
<p>This facility provides dining options for the resident students primarily housed in Abel and Sandoz Halls.</p>
<p>Benton Hall provides administrative space for various academic units. It currently houses the Bureau of Socialogical Research.</p>
<p>The Ruth Staples Child Development Laboratory is a high quality children's program where college students train to be teachers and scholars learn more about young children through research. Our nationally accredited program offers full day childcare services for children eighteen months through five years. As a teacher training facility, university students take an active role in the classrooms by planning, implementing, and evaluating activities with the children, under the supervision of our outstanding faculty. </p>
<p>Opened in 2009, this facility houses the university's childcare program. The Children's Center serves faculty, staff, students and the community of Lincoln. Full-time care is provided for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years of age.</p>
<p>Eastside Suites is the one of three suite-style coed hall located on City Campus.
The hall houses 513 students, both freshmen and upperclass, and is the newest hall in University Housing.</p>
<p>Renovated in 2010, Forestry Hall was previously known as Natural Resources Hall. It houses the the Lincoln-based staff of the Nebraska Forestry Service.</p>
<p>The Family Resource Center is an award-winning, non-profit facility where mental health counseling is provided for individuals, couples, and families. </p>
<p>Filley Hall, formally the Dairy Industry Building, was designed and constructed beginning in 1915, with the new building occupied in 1916. Developed as part of the farm and city campus expansions that occurred after 1914, Dairy Industry represents one of three farm campus buildings designed by Coolidge &amp; Hodgdon, the &quot;official architects of the University&quot;. The location east of the Mall was selected because of its proximity to the original dairy barn and easy access to Holdrege street.</p>
<p>Dairy Industry was renamed H. C. Filley Hall in 1972.</p>
\ No newline at end of file
<p>This facility provides dining options for the resident students primarily housed in Harper, Schramm, and Smith Halls.</p>
<p>Henzlik Hall houses many classrooms and adminstrative offices for the College of Education and Human Sciences. It includes the Advising Center for the college and the Instructional Design Center.</p>
<p>Formally known as University High School, it was designed as a high school rather than an academic building for a university. It contained both junior and senior high school facilities, and accommodated over 200 students. Space in the Teachers College building had been inadequate for years, and the new facility provided students with an expanded array of programs. A large auditorium with a theater, a modern library, expanded industrial arts and home economics equipment, improved laboratory space for science classes, rehearsal and recital rooms in the music department, and a kiln in the art department were some of the amenities lacking in the old school building. Athletics also played a part in the extracurricular activities at University High.</p>
<p>The Crops Laboratory was constructed in 1933 to provide space for agronomy research. This work was formerly done in the Judging Pavilion, but in 1931 it was severely damaged in a fire. Crops research was a high priority for the Agronomy department, which desired a building that contained laboratories, work rooms, seed storage facilities and equipment.</p>
<p>In 1969 the Crops Laboratory was renamed Kiesselbach Crops Research Laboratory in honor of Theodore Kiesselbach, a faculty member who was known worldwide for his research in corn.</p>
<p>The Agronomy Building was the first large academic building constructed on the farm campus following World War II. Financed by the post war Building Levy passed by the Legislature in 1947, it represented an upswing in the University's fortunes following years of depression era and war time deprivation. The Agronomy Building was considered to be sophisticated and elegant at the time it was constructed, with state of the art laboratories and modern amenities.</p>
<p>In 1957 the Agronomy Building was renamed in honor of Franklin D Keim, longtime department chair who retired in 1952 after the construction of the new building was completed. In 1978 a large addition housing Plant Sciences was constructed immediately north of Agronomy and linked to it with hallways.</p>
The Robert E. Knoll Residential Center opened in August 2010. The Residential
<p>The Robert E. Knoll Residential Center opened in August 2010. The Residential
Center features 565 beds in suite-style units, with just over half of those
units available for freshmen residents in four-person, double room suites.
\ No newline at end of file
units available for freshmen residents in four-person, double room suites.</p>
<p>This off-campus facility houses the Office of Online &amp; Distance Education.</p>
\ No newline at end of file
<p>Mabel Lee Hall is home to the city campus administrative office for the College of Education and Human Sciences and the Department of Child, Youth and Family Studies.</p>
<p>Completed in 1969, Marvel Baker Hall permitted total integration of the staff members concerned with meat production and those specializing in dairy production. The facility has research and teaching capabilities that enhance the effectiveness of the Animal Science Department's public service. The academic community of animal agriculture centering in Marvel Baker Hall stimulates self improvement and development of the scientist-teacher on the staff. Nebraska's youth who study Animal Science profit through the excellence of the educational opportunities available to them including work in the analytical laboratories, the meat laboratory, and in the animal units as well as participating in extracurricular judging teams or other clubs.</p>
\ No newline at end of file
Supports Markdown
0% or .
You are about to add 0 people to the discussion. Proceed with caution.
Finish editing this message first!
Please register or to comment